Time for our weekly challenge – FICTION FRIDAY! Let's get rollin'!
Writing Prompt #3
Use this in your writing prompt:
This was not the way he expected to die.
Guidelines for Writing Prompt
- Ponder the prompt for no more than 1-2 minutes, allowing your mind to form ideas.
- Set a timer for FIVE (5) MINUTES
- When the timer goes off, STOP WRITING. If you have to finish a thought or sentence, do so.
- Publish the prompt on your blog as an individual post. Please link back to this post.
- Come back here and post the link to your blog.
It's up to you if you wish to clean your writing up and do a little editing prior to publishing on your blog. But the point is not perfection.
What is Fiction Friday?
Fiction Friday is a weekly blog challenge for writers – experienced and aspiring alike. Each Friday at 12:30 am, a prompt is posted here – whether it's text, a quote or even a picture – and those who take up the challenge will write whatever ideas this prompt stimulates. CLICK HERE to see the benefits of participating in this weekly challenge.
Part of what I do here at AuthorBank.net is encourage authors to build their mailing lists AND give away samples of their writing to their subscribers – free short stories, flash fiction or intriguing writing prompts. Be sure to check out my Mailing List Series for more information and ideas.
In an effort to give authors a little nudge to produce this content, I've created my own Fiction Friday blog challenge. Enjoy!